Policies, Terms and conditions
By staying at the Retreat at Angel Fire, guests agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. As is standard for vacation rentals, all reservations are charged a standard $110.oo cleaning fee regardless of length of stay. Additional charges may be assessed if the guest damages the property or leaves the cabin excessively dirty.
2. Pets are strictly prohibited. If a pet is discovered on the property, the pet and the guest will be asked to leave the property and will not receive a refund. If evidence of pets is discovered after departure, the guest will be assessed an additional cleaning fee up to $1000.
3. Smoking is strictly prohibited. If evidence of smoking on the property is found, the guest will be assessed an additional cleaning fee up to $1000.
4. Cabin assignments for location are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice.
5. Cancellation requests received in writing more than 14 days prior to arrival will receive a full refund. Cancellations less than 14 days prior to arrival are non-refundable. Cancellation requests must be received in writing.
6. Please be advised that we are located in the mountains which are subject to adverse weather conditions. Guests must check weather and road conditions prior to travel to ensure that conditions are safe for travel.
7. Please be advised that we strongly recommend guests travel with snow chains, snow tires or a 4 wheel drive when traveling in winter months as road conditions may be hazardous.
8. Cabins advertised as "4 WD in Winter" require a 4 wheel drive vehicle when traveling in winter months (November through April) and anytime there is snow or ice conditions. Guests are responsible for having the proper vehicle in order to reach these specific cabins. Guests recognize that the Retreat at Angel Fire will not be held responsible for liability or damages to vehicles or injury due to lack of a 4-wheel drive vehicle or qualified vehicle operator.
9. Please be advised that we are located in the mountains. Rugged conditions including uneven terrain, slippery or icy surfaces, insects and wildlife, and other hazardous conditions may exist. By staying at the Retreat at Angel Fire, registered guests and their visitors acknowledge that all types of activities in the mountains involves inherent threats and dangers that are part of mountain lodging and cannot be eliminated. Registered guests and their visitors accept all legal responsibility for injury or damage of any kind to the extent that the injury or damage results from inherent dangers and risks of these activities.
10. The Retreat at Angel Fire has provided the use of various amenities to our guests including but not limited to small appliances including crock pots, cappuccino machines, blenders, etc. and sporting equipment including sleds, snow-shoes, tennis equipment, pickle ball equipment, disc golf equipment, and fishing equipment. These items are provided for guest convenience. We cannot guarantee the quality of this equipment, nor can we guarantee the availability of these items. Guests borrowing these items are required to return these items to our main office in the same condition the item was in when received. The guest may be charged for replacement of damaged, lost or stolen items. Furthermore, the Retreat at Angel Fire assumes no responsibility for injury as a result of using these items. Guests are responsible for the safe utilization of this equipment, and by using these items you accept all liability for their use and accept the dangers. Guests agree not to hold the Retreat at Angel Fire liable and shall indemnify the Retreat at Angel Fire for injury, damage to property, or death that may result by the utilization of these items.
11. Liability Waiver - By staying at the Retreat at Angel Fire, our registered guests and their visitors release the Seddin Investments, dba the Retreat at Angel Fire from liability associated with inherent risks of mountain actitivites. The Retreat at Angel Fire is located just south of the Village of Angel Fire and includes approximately 12 wooded acres plus on-site facilities as well as highway and national forest access. The Retreat offers hiking, biking, sledding, pic-nic areas, chiminea/outdoor fire pit, BBQ grills, areas for playing in the snow, among other onsite amenities. Any of the activities that can sometimes take place at the Retreat at Angel Fire or use of amenities and equipment owned by the Retreat at Angel Fire such as, fishing, hiking or walking, backpacking, picnicking, sightseeing, use of personal vehicles, playing tennis or pickle ball, skiing or snow boarding, playing water activities in nearby lakes and occupying the cabins/lodges offer the possibility for personal injury or accidents for which all visitors must assume responsibility. Below is a list of a few of the dangers, but in no way includes all of them. For example, the neighboring lakes and our on-site natural springs are very inviting, but drowning could occur. Sledding on the property is lots of fun, but there are many hazards that can exist including trees, sticks, limbs, and roadways and could result in injury. Wildlife abounds and is interesting to watch, but animals can bite, skunks can spray, rattlesnakes and other poisonous snakes can be dangerous. Individuals can be harmed by falling from the stairs and high decks around the cabins. Ticks can carry disease. Roads on the property are gravel and rough, requiring slow and careful driving. Walkways, stairs, decks, parking areas, and other areas around cabins and on-site facilities can be slippery when wet, and icy in cold weather which can present slip hazards. All visitors assume full responsibility for their safety in the above-mentioned dangers as well as the many dangers not specifically noted. The Retreat at Angel Fire, and it’s owner Seddin Investments, carries no accident or health insurance on guests and visitors and accepts no responsibility or liability.
The Retreat at Angel Fire, nor its owners shall not be liable for, and Guest will indemnify and save harmless the property Owner from any and all fines, suits, claims, demands, and actions of any kind (including attorney's fees) by reason of any negligence, misconduct, or any breach, violation, or non-performance of any covenant hereof on the part of Guest or Guest’s agents, employees, or invitees. The property Owner shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage to any property or person occasioned by theft, fire, act of God, public enemy, injunction, riot, strike, insurrection, war, or from any cause whatsoever.By staying at the Retreat at Angel Fire, you HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the property Owner, its officers and employees, from all liability to the undersigned, his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin for any and all loss or damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in death of the undersigned, whether caused by the negligence of the the property Owner or otherwise while the undersigned is in or upon the lodge or outdoor property area, including cabins, other facilities, and the surrounding rugged terrain.
12. Check-in shall be anytime after 4:00 pm on the arrival date. We use a contact-free check-in process. Guests will receive check-in instructions via email the day before arrival. Special arrangements can also be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling (505) 617-1255.
13. Check-out shall be by or before 10:00 am on the departure date.
14. The Retreat at Angel Fire has one ADA accessible cabin available. Guest must request ADA accessible cabin at the time of booking and must confirm with property manager that the ADA cabin has been reserved for the requested date and disclose the need for the ADA cabin.
15. The guests on this reservation shall be responsible for the activities of all cabin occupants and their guests while on the property at the Retreat at Angel Fire at all times.